Strategies on Writing a Video Production RFP
You have decided you need a firm video and have to have to employ a video production organization. Unless you know precisely what you want and how you want it produced, choosing a production firm can be a daunting course of action. Issuing a request for proposal (RFP) can be the finest indicates of sourcing video production talent if you are seeking for input from authorities – some new tips on how most effective to convey your message. By providing the production company specifics in essential locations you will be providing needed info necessary for a meaningful quote. Here are some recommendations and needed details for your RFP:
1. In your RFP give a short outline of the video objective – to produce more internet leads, to educate viewers about a new item or process, to create excitement about a new solution launch, etc. This will aid the video business recognize your objectives and objectives.
two. Give an estimate of the length of the video. Remember, much less is additional, specifically with net video. Intro firm promo videos are finest kept 2-3 minutes extended. Educational videos can be longer but constantly preserve in thoughts the video need to be focused and hold the viewers’ focus. If you want your video to cover two distinct topics take into consideration making two separate brief videos. Providing the video length(s) will give the producer info required for quoting.
three. Specify the shooting location – your office or plant or do you demand a studio?
4. What is the required style of your video? The video could be a item demo, testimonial interviews, message from the President, product comparisons…detail as substantially as you can.
5. Who will be in the video? Staff members, plant workers, satisfied clients, experienced actors?
six. Do you demand skilled narration or will enterprise employees offer the dialogue and narration?
7. What is your timeline? When do you need to have the completed solution?
eight. What are the deliverables? DVD, Blu-ray, YouTube or Flash Video, Broadcast or a combination of formats?
9. Do you have a price range in thoughts? This may perhaps sound at 1st like you are opening a Pandora’s box, however, if you envision a video with higher production excellent but do not give specifics that would lead the producer to this conclusion the producer may possibly quote on a production level that does not meet your expectations. One way around this is to ask for production worth choices. For instance, with a price range of $2000 (or significantly less) what can you offer? What can you supply for $4000 or $10000?
Usually recommend how you want the RFP response structured. For the sake of comparing responses you may ask the quoted price stated in the cover web page. You may have a detailed list of information and facts needed in a particular order such as:
Cover Letter, Speak to Facts, Production Crew, Project Production Tactic, Function Program, Relevant Project Expertise, three Consumer References, Detailed Quote, DVD Demo Reel
Always state the RFP closing date and time for responses, how responses ought to be delivered (tough copy, email or both) and that late responses will not be deemed.
Have you seen a video style you definitely like? If so, provide a hyperlink so the Producer can get a greater idea of what you want.
For bigger projects you can ask for:
• A Video Therapy. A treatment is a statement of the project showing that the producer understands what you want to realize with your video and gives a summary how the video will be developed.
• A detailed work program displaying milestones at definite dates that you deliver.
• Gear list. This might assist you determine which producer has the superior tools to do the job. If you or a member of your RFP team are not familiar with video/photographic equipment this could be meaningless facts. Maintain in thoughts quite a few professionals do not personal all their equipment – they rent it to maintain pace with the newest and latest out there. You could ask what gear they would use and how this would add to the all round production level of the project.
• Danger Mitigation. Recognize the feasible regions of danger and what plans will be in place to lessen danger. originfilms.ca could cover crew replacement in case of illness, unfavourable weather circumstances and if some thing takes place, ‘what is Strategy B’?
• You can even state your scoring program for responses, for instance 20% for knowledge with equivalent projects, 20% project cost, 20% client references, 20% demo reel, ten% completeness of response, 10% understanding of project and high-quality of response.
What to appear for in a video RFP response? Here are crucial locations to assist you choose your ‘preferred producer’.
• Did the producer comprehensive the response in your required format? If the response is incomplete, did not arrive just before the deadline or not in your stated format this should really speak volumes.
• Has the Producer worked on comparable projects? Do they have some expertise of your enterprise, product or service? Does it appear they researched your company just before they created a written response – did they do their homework?
• Examine their video remedy, approach and work plan. You are hiring pros who can bring you fresh concepts. A producers’ creative talent is their greatest asset. How can they apply it to your project?